Elevating Environment Discourse

Sunday, June 20, 2010

A few ideas

I found a few pictures that I think might be representative of Ben's idea of 'The Boulder Stand.' He of course mentioned aspen trees, and I thought this was a beautiful picture (someone's Flickr photo, I think). If we did something simple with minimal graphics, or just one main graphic/logo at the top, I think something striking like these aspens might be a good way to go.


After looking at it for a while, the shape of the black border around the aspen picture started to remind me of a retro TV from the 50s or 60s.


See what I mean? Maybe we could implement something using the shape of either a TV, ipod, etc. as a way to represent the fact that our bloggers/scholars are studying the media effect on climate.

I was also thinking about Ben's explanation of the importance of the roots of a tree and came across a couple pictures I liked. The first is a simple clipart picture that might be used as a logo.
The second picture is a just a drawing that I thought maybe we could do something similar with the words 'Boulder Stand.' But I'm not an artist in the least bit, so I don't actually know who would do that.


I found one blog called Inhabitat that I thought used a logo picture nicely. I like the header of the blog because it's pretty simple (other than the advertisement). I don't necessarily like the layout of their content or anything else, but I do think they make good use of the their logo pic.

Please keep in mind that these are just a few things I came across (separately) and they are not meant to go together. I also don't know about use of these pictures in terms of copyright.
posted by sruybalid at 9:30 PM

1 Comments:

I also really like the idea of the roots. I was kind of envisioning a graphic at the top with roots filtering down into the content area, like the "roots" logo you have.

I think the more simple probably the better since the main focus of the website is the content.

June 22, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home