Elevating Environment Discourse

Friday, June 25, 2010

group blog examples

I tried finding a few blogs that I thought use the group blog format well.

The group blog called Tapped from the American Prospect does a good job of using mostly text and just a few pictures (within the blogs themselves) and keeping it all relatively easy to navigate through. I also like that they don't let any of the blogs get too long, instead they use a KEEP READING link that goes to a new page (sometimes done with "read more" on other sites). It's not easy to tell who the author of each post is, however, and I think that using thumbnail pics of the authors is a good idea (which Joy pointed out is used by Grist).

The Penguin book publishing company has a group blog that I think is set up nicely. It is pretty simple and easy to navigate like the Tapped blog I mentioned above. I like the Guest Author section on the right side, which maybe we can do something similar with for Max's guest blogs. I think that in this case fewer graphics and minimal pictures allow users to get straight to the content of the blogs - which is important.
posted by sruybalid at 10:37 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home